blue

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Disney On Ice

Sorry things have been a little bit busy, but here is an update of a few things that we have been up to!  Last Thursday, I took my class on a field trip to the United Center to see Disney On Ice.  We rented a bus and headed over.  
Philena is a really good friend of mine at work
half of my class
the other half (I got to sit front and center!)
Be Our Guest
I'll admit, I LOVED the show!  Probably more than my Kindergartners.  It was incredible!!  They focused on four popular Disney movies--The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Brave, and Beauty and the Beast.  My class all sat on the 1st and 2nd row (behind the floor seats in folding chairs) right in the middle, we had awesome seats.  I had 22 students go and 8 parents (4 were Dads which I thought was interesting). 
at our seats excited for the show

Saturday night, Jeff bought me tickets to the musical Peter Pan on Broadway.  He knows that I would see a musical every night, I love them so much.  Coming here, I was hoping that we would be able to see at least one... well we did!  To start the night out, we took a cab to Cadillac Palace.  We are usually super cheap and just walk or take public transportation everywhere, so it was a fun excuse to have a more fancy night out on the town!  The show was INCREDIBLE!!!  Peter Pan was flying all over the stage, and even over the audience. 

the night was SO fun!!
bundled up for our walk home
I had to add this photo so you can all take a look of how I bundle up everyday.  I wear the same coat, snow hat, scarf, and gloves every time I step out of the apartment.  Oh, and yes I almost always am wearing my hood so I look like an Eskimo.

my new friends
On Sunday we went to our friend's apartment for a Super Bowl party.  I love that here in the city, ward members gather together like we are our own "little family." 
the boys around the TV
Life here in Chicago is wonderful!!  We had a great week last week, and are both very busy with long work hours.  We love weekends because we actually have time to spend time together, and are able to explore this amazing city!

1 comment:

  1. Disney on Ice??? You definitely have a bigger field trip budget than any Utah school. Glad you had a good time. And so happy you were able to go to Peter Pan. Sure glad I raised a son who knows how to treat a lady.

    Love the way you bundle up everyday...and you make a very beautiful eskimo.

    I am leaving Vermont tomorrow for home. It feels like I have been gone FOREVER! I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing Lyle and Justin and sleeping in my own bed. Sure hope I don't get stuck in Detroit with the big snow storm that is coming tonight.

    Take care and Enjoy the Journey!
    Love ya
    Mom
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete