blue

Monday, February 25, 2013

Randolph/Wabash

Lucy: "Peter once asked me when I fell in love with Jack.  And I told him, "It was while you were sleeping."  
I have a renewed love for this movie (While You Were Sleeping) after living here in Chicago.  I watched it this weekend, and it was SO fun because we live in the area where it was filmed.  On Sunday, it was such a beautiful day for a walk and a perfect afternoon to point out a couple filming spots to Jeff.
the CTA Station where Lucy works (she would be in those windows to the right)
the tracks where Peter was pushed
I am standing right where the hot dog stand sits where Lucy and her boss go to get hot dogs
Peter Callaghan's apartment building (I took this picture out our family room window)
The Northwestern Hospital - where Peter is in a Coma
Miracle on 34th Street
 (Another one of my favorites)
I am standing in front of "Cole's Department Store"
Shoppers Express

Priest: "Are you ready?"
Dorey Walker: "For what?"
Priest: "To get married."
The church Bryan Bedford & Dorey Walker get married

Susan Walker: "This is the house I asked Kris for, and he got me a dad, and the third this I'll just have to wait for."


Home Alone 2
Duncan's Toy Chest

Jeff is going to throw a brick through the window

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you took the time to visit all the movie sights. How did you find out about them? I hope you take the time to do things like this when you return to Salt Lake City. We have amazing movie sights, museums, etc. It's fun to be a tourist in your own home town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all of your comments!! They always make my day. I know! Living here has been so fun because we have been able to see and do so much! I feel like we are able to see so much more if the city as we walk too and from places. I get so used to just driving straight there when I have my car. It's nice to have a break from it. We are definitely going to have to be better when we get back to Salt Lake. Jeff and I have talked about how fun it would be to spend a weekend downtown and just enjoy Salt

      Delete
    2. Lake!

      I watched the movie While You Were Sleeping over the weekend, and was surprised at how many different scenes I recognized. The hospital is 2 blocks from our house, I could see his apartment building out our window, I pass the train station on my way to work... It made me curious of what else was filmed here! So I just found the rest online. I need to look into Utah because I have no idea what all was filmed there! That would be fun.

      Delete
  2. I love While You Were Sleeping, you made me want to watch it now.

    ReplyDelete