This week has been crazy!! I was able to meet my new class and get to know them a little bit. I think they're going to be a lot of fun! They are very full of energy. Yesterday, I spent the morning going through and reorganizing my classroom and getting it ready for a "fresh start" with the kids. I think it's all ready, and it's going to be a good week. While I was at my school, Jeff was at home getting things done and then we headed out in the afternoon. We walked down to Millennium Park and went ice skating.
 |
| ice skating--notice "the bean" behind us |
We had to wait in line to get out skates because it was a crowded Saturday afternoon. When they handed us out skates, they rushed us through the rest of the line. As we were putting out skates on, I sat thinking in my mind... "There is no way that it is free to skate here." They never charged us. As I sat thinking, the story of Grandpa Curtis popped into my mind of when he went to the grocery store to buy a few items. When he got home, he checked his brown sack and it was full of money instead of the couple items that he bought. He returned the sack, and exchanged it for his grocerys. We ended up paying for our skates, and NO it's not free to ice skate at Millennium Park.
 |
| we finally saw "the bean" |
"The Bean" is a sculpture made up of stainless steel welded together and it is in the middle of Millennium Park. The sculpture reflects and distorts the city's skyline.
 |
| taking picture through the reflection of "the bean" |
 |
| holding it! |
 |
| can I just say how much I love walking around the city?! |
 |
| and of course, a Chicago dog |
We are so blessed, and grateful to have this opportunity to be here.
Looks like you had a great day skating and getting to know Chicago. So happy that you're getting out and experiencing the city. Also happy that the weather has been unseasonably warm so you can spend time out and about. Thanks for sharing the "free" skates story. I'm sure they were very surprised that you would return and pay for a mistake they made. That probably doesn't happen very often in Chicago...or in any city. Have fun and Enjoy the Journey!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Mom
XOXOXOXO