Working at my new school, I have made a lot of really good friends already. They invite me out for drinks, to strip clubs, and parties with their friends ALL the time, but of course that doesn't appeal to me, haha. Out of 40 staff members, there are two of us that are married, and they all think that it is crazy how young I am and that I have been married for over a year and a half now. So, we had a staff party on Friday night, and I thought this was a perfect opportunity to finally hang out with my friends. Jeff came with me, and it was actually a really fun night!
On Saturday morning, Jeff and I headed out early for breakfast at Yolk. We live one block away from a really famous breakfast place here in the city, and it is always PACKED with a really long wait. Luckily we got their early enough, that our wait was only 25 minutes. Not loving big breakfasts myself, it was actually pretty good.
After breakfast, we headed out for the day. Since the weather is still pretty chilly outside, we decided to make it a Museum weekend. We bought a pass to all of the museums here that lasts all weekend.
| The Field Museum |
Saturday, we hit The Field Museum since Jeff has wanted to go ever since we got here. It's a HUGE History Museum, and it was pretty interesting. It was very broad and covered all different areas of history.
| Hanging out with a boy named "Sue" (Johnny Cash) |
Today, we took a walk to Oprah Winfrey's Studio where she used to film her daily show. It was not as glamorous as I imagined it to be, but I am glad that we saw it. I just wish I could have visited on a "My Favorite Things" episode.
| I am so sad she's not filming anymore |
No comments:
Post a Comment