blue

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Good Friday / Nauvoo

Last Friday I had work off because of Good Friday, and it became one of my new favorite holidays.  It felt like I had work off "just because," and I loved every minute of the day.  I was able to meet Jeff during his lunch break, walk around the Water Tower Place (a 7-floor mall near our house), and enjoy having a day just to relax and enjoy. 
meeting for a Jamba for Jeff's lunch break
 On Saturday morning, Jeff and I set out for a little weekend get-a-way.  We drove 4 1/2 hours to Nauvoo and spend the rest of the weekend there.  It was so nice to spend the weekend together and enjoy having some time away from our "normal lives" here in the city.  Here are a few pictures from our wonderful Easter weekend.
before our temple session in Nauvoo - Jeff forgot his tie and belt!
the temple is so pretty all lit up at night
walking around the temple grounds after church
walking around the little "houses" and "shops" of the early Saints
After spending the day in Nauvoo, we drove to Carthage Jail.  This place holds a special place in my heart as I remember the martyrdom of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
Joseph and Hyrum
the window that Joseph fell out of after being shot
 Jeff and I had a wonderful weekend remembering the important events that happened in the history of our church.  We were reminded of the importance of the Prophet Joseph Smith, and the influence he had on all of our lives today.  I am so grateful for the life that he lived, and that he was an instrument in restoring the gospel to the earth.  I loved being able to study his life, and the journey and lives of the pioneers.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun way to spend your Easter weekend! Love it! Also, I can't tell if your sweater is yellow or green from these pictures... but it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete