blue

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

finally... the willis tower

 Since our time here is coming to a close, we had a jammed pack weekend trying to fit in as much as we could.  It's crazy how we've been here and done so much, yet there is so much more we still want to do!  It makes living in a new place so fun!

Saturday morning we headed out early to a hole in the wall donut shop; I guess you could call it a "donut hole"!  I discovered this place when Jeff started working, and I still didn't have a job.  I have loved it ever since!  After a yummy breakfast, we then headed to Chicago's famous Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) and went up to the observatory.
I am so glad that we waited until now to go up there, because it was fun to see the city now that we know our way around it.
The view was beautiful!!  Our building is on the right side of this picture.
the Sky Deck
We finally did some Michigan Ave. shopping, instead of just looking.  It was so fun to be out with the Saturday shopping crowds!
 Saturday night, we FINALLY went on the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel.  We see it out of our family room window, but kept saying that we were going to go on it when it "warms up."  Well, I don't know if I would exactly say that it has "warmed up," as we are still wearing our Winter coats, but we enjoyed it anyways.
it is beautiful all lit up at night
on the top
from Navy Pier
For our Sunday walk, we got a little carried away on the board walk... 2.8 miles later, we arrived at the Lincoln Park Zoo!  The zoo here is part of a park, so it's always open to the public free of charge.
I may be crazy, but I love the zoo
the tigers are behind us

Overall, it was another great weekend and we feel so blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment