The remainder of this week has been great! As Jeff spent his days at work, I spent my days going in many stores and HR departments looking for any job leads. On Tuesday night, Jeff and I were both on our computers looking for any potential jobs and we heard back immediately from a school asking if I would go in and apply on Thursday morning. So, Thursday morning came and I ventured out to find the address. After turning in my application, BYU transcripts, and grades, they asked if I would interview. Then they asked if I would come back Friday (the next day) to teach the class and be observed by the hiring board and owners of the school, and then attend a meeting after. Later that day, I was offered the job! So, I start Tuesday morning teaching a class of twenty 5 year-olds, 18 boys and 2 girls... wish me luck! I'm excited for this new experience, and hope that I can make a difference in the lives of these kids.
| Gino's East of Chicago |
We started off this weekend deciding that since we now live in Chicago, we needed to try the famous DEEP DISH Chicago pizza. After you order your food, each pizza takes 50 minutes to an hour to cook. Overall I would say that the pizza was good, but I still might prefer a yummy New York slice (Big Apple Pizza).
| Deep dish has all of the "toppings" in the middle and the sauce on top |
| Of course we signed the walls |
On Saturday we went running in the morning, and then headed down to the Museum Campus. All of the museums had lines that were a couple hours long. We learned that next time, we need to go early in the morning. The Museum Campus is right along the Burnham Harbor, so we enjoyed walking around and especially the Chicago sky-line. Saturday night, we headed out to the suburbs to meet some of my cousins and ate dinner at their house. We had a great night with Steve and Marianne and their two kids!
Glad to see that you're getting out and about and experiencing all that Chicago has to offer. Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, walks along the lake, museums...drink it all in. Hope you're liking your new job and the kids are respectful. I can't believe you have 18 boys and only two girls. And...unlike Utah, you only have 20 students.
ReplyDeleteKeep the posts coming. Love ya!
Mom XOXOXO