Since this is technically our last week of summer before school starts (I start next week and Jeff the following week), we decided that we should make the best of it. For me this week is "teacher planning week" with the option to plan at school or at home. Of course I chose to plan at home, so therefore I had some time off work. To be honest, I am finding it challenging to plan for students that I haven't met yet. I am waiting to finalize our yearly plans until I know better what academic level my new students are on.
On Monday Jeff and I both only worked a half day, so we decided that afternoon to go camping. If you know the two of us, we have become "city people." With that said, we had a blast camping up Little Cottonwood Canyon and hope to do it again soon.
 |
| thanks Justin for letting us borrow your tent |
 |
| last minute camping = Cafe Rio (although I do love tin foil dinners) |
 |
| all of the green was BEAUTIFUL!! |
On Tuesday morning we packed up our stuff and drove to Snowbird. We hiked up to the top of Hidden Peak, which is the top of the tram.
 |
| on our way up |
 |
| the valley in the distance |
 |
| we made it to the top! |
 |
| looking over Mineral Basin |
We loved being able to hike during the week when it wasn't crowded...
We love summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment