A couple weeks ago we made Miracle Mix with the Davis family. Raelene's Mom used to make it every year to give to her neighbors as a Christmas gift. It was my first time making this type of candy and it was quite the experience! My favorite part about making it was the time that we were all able to spend together. We all had to help "cut" the candy to make the small pieces before it hardened.
 |
| Raelene busy cooking the candy |
 |
| getting ready to help |
 |
| ...and the cutting begins! |
 |
| Jordan |
 |
| Jeff |
 |
| busy busy |
 |
| after it was cut |
One flavor done... and on to the next!
 |
| the cinnamon is my favorite |
The finished product:
 |
| we made cinnamon, watermelon, blue raspberry, wintergreen, and coconnt |
After we finished, Jeff and Jordan wanted to make their "own" batch to imitate the TV show Breaking Bad.
 |
| oh dear. |
I am so grateful for my mother-in-law and her desire to share her family traditions with me. I hope that I will be able to carry them on throughout our life as well!
I struck gold when it comes to in-laws!
No comments:
Post a Comment